Thursday 6 July 2017

Anglo Sikh Wars 20mm

I've had an interest in the Sikh Wars for some time now and after reading Amarpal Singh's book on the first Sikh War I decided to take the plunge and put an order in from Newline Designs. Unfortunately the Newline range is not yet complete so I've had crack at converting some figures to fill the gaps. the first are some Tumbling Dice Crimean War British dragoons converted to a unit of Bengal Light Cavalry. this involved removing the jacket turn backs and the shako peak then filing the shako with a rounded file to give it more of a 'bell top' look about it. The officers shako is a Newline Sepoy head with a peak and plume added with greenstuff.



Newline alkali and irregulars

Newline Sikh Regulars with Yellow Turbans

Newline Sikh regulars Green Turbans, the flag was taken from google images and worked on using paint to add details etc, no one seems to sell decent Sikh wars flags for 20mm figures which is a shame, hopefully Studio miniatures will rescale the flags they and save a lot of time on the computer.
Newline Sikh regulars with Blue turbans.
Gurkha officer converted from a Newline Sikh officer with the epaulettes and turn backs filed off and a strelets head added,' I think the sash should be black however I've decided to go with red as this stands out on the figure and he is British after all.



 


4 comments:

  1. Отличная работа! Браво!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work. I do the Anglo Sikh War in 15mm, you could try Victorian Steel for flags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing conversions. Your army looks wonderful; I think you dont need any advice. Please keep it up. I would like to see it completed. It is an inspiration to me. [... the so called "irregulars" could fit perfectly for "badmash" Indian Mutineers-couldn't they?]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers, I reckon the irregulars would do for Badmash as they look pretty generic

    ReplyDelete